Pictures from two weeks ago.
(Includes mountains, Gatlinburg, and Pezzers.)
Got my first Crusade
DVD from Netflix today. Much to my annoyance, the episodes are in TNT airing order, rather than the order they actually go
in. I don't think it's supposed to make much difference from a plot standpoint, but I can already tell there are characterization moments that aren't working correctly in this order.
That said, five non-spoilery observations:
1. So, this is JMS pretty much saying, "All along, I wanted to write a fantasy series, and now I can! Mwahahahaha!" isn't it? Obviously, the technomages are the biggest part of that, but the townspeople in "The Long Road"? Uh, the folks at Stargate called, and they'd like their medieval villagers back, please.
2. So far, my favorite characters are Dureena and Eilerson. Since they're the two who map most obviously onto Ivanova and Garibaldi from B5 (not that I'm saying all the characters do that *coughGalenistotallyKoshandMarcusstuckto
tentirelydissimilarfromSheridancough* or anything...) in thier sarcasm and practicality, this is not surprising. I rather like Galen and Gideon as well. (I think Lochley might've been my favorite when I was watching this back in first-run. Eh, I was like fifteen when it was airing, and I think my first episode might've been the one where she and Gideon, ah, "make contact," shall we say. I shipped them hard.)
3. I...had forgotten the enormous sentient jellyfish that wanted to mate with the ship. I think I will try to do so again.
4. All the questions that are asked in the credits now have much more resonance for me after seeing B5.
5. ( Okay, this one is a bit spoilery for B5 )